The 30+ Most Popular Gifts for Father’s Day 2023
Father’s Day is the day that I give myself permission to do what I want. I know, I know I should value my time and put myself first, but that just doesn’t happen. But on Father’s Day, it’s for me.
I don’t even want much. A couple of hugs, a cup of coffee, a shopping spree at Canadian Tire and Marks, and all the books I could ever read. Ok, I’m getting ahead of myself. Oooh, and an ice cream.
However, for those wanting to treat the Dad (coach, teacher, neighbour, friend) in your life, here’s what the other gift-shoppers are looking up, according to Google.
Here are the 20 most popular gifts for Father’s Day in 2023:
- Grilling gadgets: A new grill, a set of grilling tools, BBQ sauce, or a gift certificate to a local barbecue joint.
- Power tools: A new power tool, a tool belt, or a subscription to a tool magazine.
- Watches: A new watch, or get his old watch repaired.
- Clothing: A new outfit, a gift certificate to his favorite clothing store. I personally like Mark’s, SportChek, Levis, and Uniqlo.
- Grooming products: A new shaving kit, a gift certificate to a spa.
- Gardening Gear: I love my Outland Living Terrace Vertical Planter!
- Experiences: Tickets to a sports game, or a concert.
- Books or an eReader:
- Tech gadgets: A new smartphone, a tablet, or a laptop; a subscription to a streaming service like AppleTV or Prime; or a gift certificate to an electronics store.
- Backpacks: A new backpack or leather satchel.
- Wine accessories: A new wine opener, a wine decanter, or a wine glass set.
- Whiskey, wine, or beer.
- The latest from Apple:
For Dads looking to stay connected, healthy, active, and safe, Apple Watch is the ideal gift. With three watches in the lineup, there is an Apple Watch to fit a variety of budgets and lifestyles:
Apple Watch SE brings all the essential features of the Apple Watch including Day Activity tracking, Workout tracking, high and low heart rate notifications, Emergency SOS, Fall Detection, and Crash Detection at the most affordable price. Available in 40mm and 44mm aluminum cases, in midnight, starlight, and silver finishes.
Apple Watch SE from $329 CAD
Apple Watch Series 8 offers all of the great features of Apple Watch SE as well as an Always-On Retina display, ECG app, Blood Oxygen app and sensor and stainless steel case finishes.
Apple Watch Series 8 from $529 CAD
Apple Watch Ultra brings a new bold design and a wide range of features built for endurance, exploration, and adventure. In addition to reaching up to 36 hours during normal use, Apple Watch Ultra delivers the most accurate GPS of any Apple Watch to date. Pair Apple Watch Ultra with unique bands like midnight ocean, starlight alpine or the trail loop.
Apple Watch Ultra from $1,099.00
– – –
iPhone 14 and 14 Plus
A new yellow joins iPhone 14 lineup, adding even more colour choices this spring. With iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus — the newest size and longest battery life in an iPhone — Dad has innovative safety capabilities at his fingertips like industry-first Emergency SOS via satellite and Crash Detection. And with the advanced dual-camera system right in his pocket, Dad is ready to capture lasting memories all year around.
Available in red, white, black, blue, purple, and all-new yellow
iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, the most advanced Pro lineup ever, features Dynamic Island — a new design that introduces an intuitive way to experience iPhone — and Always-On display. iPhone Pro lineup features a beautiful surgical-grade stainless steel and textured matte glass design in four sleep colours — space black, silver, gold, and deep purple. The pro camera system pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in a smartphone, empowering every Dad — casual or professional — to capture the best photos and video.
With iPad, Dad can unleash his creativity and get more productivity while staying connected with family and friends on the go.iPad is more capable, more versatile and more fun than ever — available in four bold colour, iPad is equipped with a large 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display, A14 Bionic chip, first-ever landscape front facing camera, 5G, USB-C, support for Apple Pencil (1st generation) and the all-new Magic Keyboard Folio.
- iPad from $599 CAD
AirPods can help Dads go hands-free while on calls, jam out to their favourite tunes, or find some peace and quiet with Active Noise Cancellation on AirPods Pro. Personalized Spatial Audio with dynamic head tracking will immerse Dad in a deeper all-around sound. And with free engraving, you can make them that much more personal.
- AirPods Pro (2nd generation) from $329 CAD
- AirPods (3rd generation) from $229 CAD
- AirPods Max from $779 CAD
- Food and snacks: A gift basket filled with his favorite snacks and treats, a subscription to a food delivery service, or a gift certificate to his favorite restaurant, (or an entire box of donuts, no interruptions, and no judgment).
- Bath and body products: A new soap, shampoo, conditioner, or body lotion; a bath bomb set. (Do Dads really want this? I usually just use whatever’s next to the shower).
- Tools: A new tool, a toolset, or something he needs that just broke!
- Sports equipment: A new piece of sports equipment, a gift certificate to a sporting goods store, or a subscription to an MLB or NFL TV/streaming station.
- Hobbies and interests: A new hobby kit, a gift certificate to a hobby store, or a subscription to a hobby magazine.
- Car stuff. Audi has their own store and pretty snazzy merch:
No matter what you choose, make sure it is something that your dad will love and appreciate. After all, he deserves it!