Celebrate Father’s Day with Recipes and Easy Crafts!
Father’s Day is just around the corner, and what better way to show your dad how much you love him than by making heartfelt crafts together? Whether you’re looking for a gift idea or a fun activity to do with your kids, these Father’s Day crafts are sure to bring smiles and create cherished memories. In this blog, we’ll explore some fantastic craft ideas, provide links to additional resources, and even throw in some quick and delicious recipes to make your day extra special. Let’s dive in!
- Personalized Father’s Day Card: Start off the day by making a personalized Father’s Day card that will warm your dad’s heart. Gather some colorful paper, markers, stickers, and any other decorative items you like. Write a heartfelt message, draw pictures, or paste family photos.
- Handprint Art: Handprint art is a classic and sentimental craft that dads will treasure forever. All you need is non-toxic paint in your dad’s favorite colors and a blank canvas or paper. Help your little ones dip their hands in the paint and make handprints on the canvas. You can create handprint flowers, animals, or simply leave their colorful handprints as a unique art piece.
- DIY Father’s Day Coupon Book: Create a coupon book filled with promises of special activities or acts of kindness for your dad. Cut out small pieces of paper and let your imagination run wild and include things like “Free Car Wash,” “Breakfast in Bed,” or “One Hour of Uninterrupted TV Time.” Your dad will love cashing in these thoughtful coupons throughout the year.
- Photo Collage: Take a trip down memory lane by making a photo collage of your favorite moments with your dad. Print out memorable photos and cut them into various shapes and sizes. Arrange the photos on a poster board or large sheet of paper and glue them down. You can add captions or small notes alongside the photos to make the collage more personal. Hang it up as a special Father’s Day decoration or create a digital version to use as a screensaver.
Personalized Photo Frame: A personalized photo frame is a classic and cherished gift idea for Father’s Day. Here’s a quick and easy way to create a unique frame that Dad will love:
- Gather materials: an unfinished wooden frame, acrylic paints, paintbrushes, and a printed photo.
- Paint the frame with Dad’s favorite colors or design.
- Once the paint is dry, glue the printed photo onto the frame.
- For an extra special touch, add some stickers or embellishments.
Handprint Keychain: Capture your child’s tiny handprint forever with this adorable handprint keychain. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Air-dry clay or polymer clay in your preferred color.
- Rolling pin or flat surface.
- Acrylic paints and small paintbrushes.
- Keychain ring or loop.
- Clear varnish or Mod Podge (optional).
- Start by rolling out the clay to a thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Help your child press their hand firmly into the clay.
- Cut around the handprint using a cookie cutter or a sharp knife.
- Make a small hole at the top using a straw or a skewer for the keychain ring to go through.
- Let the clay dry completely and then paint the handprint with your chosen colors.
- Once the paint is dry, apply a coat of clear varnish or Mod Podge for added durability (optional).
- Attach the keychain ring, and your heartfelt handprint keychain is ready!
“Best Dad” Trophy: Show your dad he’s number one with this easy-to-make “Best Dad” trophy. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Empty toilet paper roll or paper cup.
- Construction paper or cardstock in various colors.
- Scissors, glue, and markers.
- Start by covering the toilet paper roll or paper cup with construction paper to create the base.
- Cut out a large circle from construction paper to make the trophy top.
- Write “Best Dad” or a personalized message on the circle using markers.
- Cut out paper shapes like stars, hearts, or medals, and write reasons why your dad is the best on each shape.
- Glue the shapes onto the trophy top, and let your creativity shine!
- Once everything is dry, place the trophy top on the base, and your dad’s “Best Dad” trophy is complete!
Quick and Delicious Father’s Day Recipes:
- Grilled Cheeseburger: Treat your dad to a mouthwatering grilled cheeseburger. Fire up the grill and follow this simple recipe: Grilled Cheeseburger Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Bake a batch of warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies. Here’s a classic recipe: https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/ultimate-chocolate-chip-cookies/
- Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce: Nothing says “Happy Father’s Day!” quite like a juicy steak hot off the grill. This recipe combines perfectly cooked steak with a vibrant and flavorful chimichurri sauce. The best part? It only takes a few minutes to prepare! Check out the recipe here: Grilled Steak with Chimichurri Sauce.
- The best ever Burger – Feel free to let Dad do the BBQ (we love it!), and have everything ready – brioche buns, pickles, bacon, sauces, cheese, and some ice cold beer / non-alcoholic drinks.
- Loaded Baked Potato Skins: Dads love hearty appetizers, and these loaded baked potato skins are sure to hit the spot. Crispy potato shells filled with melted cheese, crispy bacon, and tangy sour cream create a winning combination. This recipe is quick and easy, making it perfect for a Father’s Day celebration. Find the recipe here: Loaded Baked Potato Skins.
- BBQ Chicken Sliders: For a casual and finger-licking good meal, try these BBQ chicken sliders. Tender shredded chicken smothered in smoky barbecue sauce and served on mini buns will surely please your dad’s taste buds. It’s a crowd-pleasing dish that you can easily prepare in no time. Get the recipe here: BBQ Chicken Sliders.
- Homemade Beer-Battered Onion Rings: If your dad loves pub-style snacks, surprise him with these crispy and flavorful homemade beer-battered onion rings. These golden rings of deliciousness are perfect as an appetizer or as a side dish to complement a main course. Follow this recipe for a mouthwatering treat: Homemade Beer-Battered Onion Rings.
- Easy Strawberry Shortcake: Finish off your Father’s Day feast with a delightful and refreshing dessert. This classic strawberry shortcake recipe is quick to assemble and showcases the sweetness of fresh strawberries layered between fluffy biscuits and topped with whipped cream. Dad will be asking for seconds! Find the recipe here: Easy Strawberry Shortcake.