Mother’s Day Gifts That Are Better Than Breakfast In Bed
While the thought of having a relaxing breakfast in bed is lovely, you just know that the kitchen is a disaster and someone’s gonna have to clean it.
Framed photographs, enlarged prints, or custom gifts from PosterJack
The thought of so many amazing photos sitting, unviewed in a folder somewhere makes me sad. I love to print my images out, especially if they’re family moments or views from a special trip.
Save 20% on your order at PosterJack
Here are a few gifts from my friends at Apple that are so much better (and easier to clean afterward).
For Mums looking to stay connected, healthy, active and safe, Apple Watch is the ideal gift. WIth three watches in the lineup, there is an Apple Watch to fit a variety of budgets and lifestyles:
Apple Watch SE brings all the essential features of Apple Watch includingAll Day Activity tracking, Workout tracking, high and low heart rate notifications, Emergency SOS, Fall Detection and Crash Detection at the most affordable price. Available in 40mm and 44mm aluminum cases, in midnight, starlight, and silver finishes.
Apple Watch SE from $329 CAD
Apple Watch Series 8 offers all of the great features of Apple Watch SE as well as an Always-On Retina display, ECG app, Blood Oxygen app and sensor and stainless steel case finishes.
Apple Watch Series 8 from $529 CAD
Apple Watch Ultra brings a new bold design and a wide range of features built for endurance, exploration, and adventure. In addition to reaching up to 36 hours during normal use, Apple Watch Ultra delivers the most accurate GPS of any Apple Watch to date. Pair Apple Watch Ultra with unique bands like midnight ocean, starlight alpine or the trail loop.
Apple Watch Ultra from $1,099.00
For the Mom who loves to accessorize, the new spring Apple Watch bands offer fresh colours as they dive into the new season. From bright orange to olive there is a colour for the mother in your life.
Available in canary yellow, sprout green, purple fog, bright orange, sky and olive,
Apple Watch Bands from $59 CAD
With a new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch or Apple TV, Mum will get access to three months free of Fitness+.
Offering 12 different workout types including HIIT, Yoga, Strength, and more plus meditations with specific themes like calm or sleep, and even workouts for older adults, it’s the perfect option for busy parents who are looking to stay active and improve their overall well-being. Might be fun to not do the Ted Lasso-themed workouts.
Apple Fitness+ subscription is available for $12.99 CAD per month or $99.99 CAD per year.
A super easy way for Mum to keep track of her belongings. Attached to her keys or gym bag and just like that, they’re on her radar in the Find My app. For an extra touch, you can get free personalized engraving.
AirTag from $39 CAD
Give the gift of staying super cool and comfy all Summer long with IceBreaker activewear . The sustainably-made NZ brand is the creator of my favourite clothes. They’re breathable, comfy, and look great for any activity, whether it’s sitting in another pointless meeting, or convincing your kid that they’re closing the park soon.
Or, if you’d prefer the kids to make a huge mess and create something that will leave glitter on everything for years, here are some FUN CRAFT IDEAS FOR MOTHER’S DAY. Sorry.
Handprint Flower Pot:
- Small terracotta pot
- Acrylic paint in various colors
- Potting soil
- Flower seeds
- Paint the child’s hand with the desired color of paint.
- Press their hand onto the terracotta pot, making sure to cover the surface area.
- Allow the paint to dry and then use a paintbrush to add stems and leaves to the handprint flowers.
- Fill the pot with potting soil and plant the flower seeds according to the package instructions.
- Water the seeds and place the pot in a sunny spot.
DIY Mother’s Day Card
- Colored construction paper
- Fold a piece of construction paper in half to create a card.
- Cut out hearts or flowers from different colors of construction paper.
- Glue the hearts or flowers onto the front of the card.
- Write a message inside the card using markers and decorate it with stickers.
Felt Flower Hair Clip:
- Felt sheets in various colors
- Hot glue gun
- Hair clip
- Cut out flower shapes from the felt sheets.
- Layer the flowers and glue them together using the hot glue gun.
- Cut out a small circle from felt and glue it to the back of the flower.
- Glue the hair clip to the back of the small felt circle.
- Allow the glue to dry completely before using the hair clip.
- Plain apron
- Fabric paint
- Stencils (optional)
- Lay the apron flat and decide on the design that you want to paint on it.
- Use stencils to create a design or freehand a design onto the apron using fabric paint and a paintbrush.
- Allow the paint to dry completely before giving the apron to your mom.
DIY Scented Sachets:
- Fabric squares
- Lavender buds
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Cut fabric squares into desired size.
- Sew three sides of the squares together, leaving one side open.
- Fill the sachets with lavender buds.
- Sew the open side closed.
- Decorate the sachets with ribbons or lace.
Painted Picture Frame:
- Plain wooden picture frame
- Acrylic paint
- Decorative items (such as glitter or stickers)
- Paint the picture frame with acrylic paint.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Add glitter or stickers to the frame for decoration.
Tissue Paper Flowers:
- Tissue paper in various colors
- Pipe cleaners
- Cut the tissue paper into a square.
- Fold the tissue paper like an accordion, making sure to keep the folds even.
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around the center of the accordion and twist it to secure.
- Use scissors to round the edges of the tissue paper to create the petals.
- Gently pull each layer of tissue paper towards the center to create the flower.
Leave a Reply