Kids’ Summer Camps in and around Vancouver – 2023 List
Summer camps are a fantastic way for kids to have fun, make new friends, and learn new skills during their break from school. If you’re in Vancouver, Canada, you’re in luck, as there are plenty of exciting summer camps available for kids of all ages and interests. From outdoor adventures to creative arts and sports camps, Vancouver has something to offer for every child’s unique interests. Here are 14 summer camps for kids in Vancouver that you don’t want to miss.
(Plus, you know how camps and classes get snapped up at eye-watering speeds, so don’t hang around on these).
- 4Cats Art camp (https://4cats.com/collections/kids-camp-summer) – The popular art studios are a great way for kids to express their artistic flair and bring home some crafts. From painting to pottery, you can choose from 5 days (ages 7-12), single days (ages 7-12), half days (ages 4-8) or 4 days during holiday weeks.
- Little Kitchen Academy (https://littlekitchenacademy.com/) – The kids learn to cook, clean, and be independent at these amazing classes. Little Kitchen Academy is the first-of-its-kind Montessori-inspired cooking academy providing a safe & empowering environment to learn practical life skills, confidence, independence, and healthy eating habits to last a lifetime.
- Absolute Gym, North Vancouver – https://www.absolutegym.ca/. Learn to cheer, tumble, and trampoline. Combining positive reinforcement within a structured and disciplined environment has allowed our athletes to grow into healthy, mature, and happy sports enthusiasts driven by passion!
- YMCA Camp Elphinstone (https://gv.ymca.ca/Programs/Categories/Camps): Located on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, YMCA Camp Elphinstone offers a variety of traditional summer camp experiences for kids aged 5-17. Campers can enjoy activities such as swimming, kayaking, hiking, arts and crafts, and team-building challenges.
- Science World Summer Camps (https://www.scienceworld.ca/summer-camps): If your child loves science, then Science World Summer Camps are the perfect fit. Kids can participate in hands-on experiments, engage in STEM activities, and explore the fascinating world of science in a fun and interactive way.
- Vancouver Aquarium Ocean Wise Summer Camps (https://www.vanaqua.org/learn/school-programs/summer-camps): If your child is passionate about marine life, they’ll love the Vancouver Aquarium Ocean Wise Summer Camps. Campers can learn about marine animals, participate in behind-the-scenes experiences, and explore the Aquarium’s exhibits.
- Pedalheads Bike Camps (https://www.pedalheads.com/): Does your child enjoy cycling? Pedalheads Bike Camps offer programs for kids of all ages and skill levels, from beginners to advanced riders. Campers can learn bike handling skills, and road safety, and even go on exciting bike adventures.
- UBC Camps (https://camps.ubc.ca/): The University of British Columbia offers a wide range of summer camps for kids, including sports camps, arts and music camps, science camps, and more. Campers can learn from expert instructors and enjoy the beautiful UBC campus.
- Arts Umbrella Summer Camps (https://www.artsumbrella.com/programs/summer-camps/): If your child is into arts and creativity, Arts Umbrella Summer Camps are a great option. With programs in dance, theater, music, and visual arts, kids can unleash their creativity and develop their artistic skills.
- Grouse Mountain Summer Day Camps (https://www.grousemountain.com/camps): For kids who love the outdoors, Grouse Mountain Summer Day Camps provide an opportunity to explore the wilderness, go on hikes, learn about wildlife, and participate in outdoor adventure activities.
- Camp Potlatch (https://ymca.ca/programs/health-fitness-and-aquatics/camps/camp-potlatch): Located on the beautiful Howe Sound, Camp Potlatch offers a unique outdoor camping experience for kids. Campers can learn wilderness survival skills, go on hikes, and participate in traditional camp activities like campfires and storytelling.
- Vancouver Tennis Center Summer Camps (https://www.vancouvertenniscenter.com/summercamps): If your child is interested in tennis, the Vancouver Tennis Center offers summer camps for kids of all skill levels. Campers can learn tennis techniques, play matches, and have fun while improving their tennis skills.
- False Creek Community Centre Summer Camps (https://falsecreekcc.ca/programs/children/summercamps/): False Creek Community Centre offers a variety of summer camps for kids, including sports camps, arts and crafts camps, and outdoor adventure camps. Campers can enjoy a wide range of activities and make new friends in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Evolve Skateboard, Scooter, and BMX camps https://www.evolvecamps.com: Evolve Camps is at the epicenter of action sports camps for boys and girls ages 6-15. Since 2006, Evolve Camps have provided the ultimate in board sports, biking, adventure, and travel experiences for its participants.
Leave a Reply