15 things every dad needs to pack before a family vacation
Firstly, is the hair straightener off?
Are you sure?
But did you see it or are you just guessing?
(Produce a recent photo of the carefully packed hair straightener and unused plug socket)
While it’s usually not left to the dads to do the packing, we are awesome at solving problems as they come up, or distracting with candy. Having said that, we Dads have to prove we’re handy by packing the really useful and often forgotten things.
Here are 15 Things Dads (or any parent) Need to Pack Before a Family Vacation.
- First Aid Kit: A first aid kit should contain the essentials such as bandaids, antiseptic cream, insect repellent, and other medical supplies.
- Sunscreen: To protect the skin from the sun’s harmful rays, it’s essential to pack sunscreen with at least 30 SPF.
- Water bottles: Staying hydrated is important during a family vacation, and it’s best to bring reusable water bottles.
- Snacks: Packing snacks for the kids can save money, and it’s a great way to ensure they stay satisfied and happy.
- Entertainment: Long trips can be tedious for kids, so pack some books, games, and other activities to keep them occupied.
- Chargers: Don’t forget to pack chargers for all electronic devices.
- Maps and guides: Maps and guides can be useful for exploring the area and finding activities and restaurants.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes: Comfortable clothing and shoes are essential, especially for activities like hiking or walking tours.
- Camera: To capture all the memorable moments, it’s best to bring a camera or smartphone with a good camera.
- Cash and cards: It’s always a good idea to bring some cash and cards in case of emergencies.
- Travel pillow and blanket: Long flights or car rides can be uncomfortable, so a travel pillow and blanket can help make it more bearable.
- Toiletries: Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, and other toiletries are essential for personal hygiene.
- Swimwear: Don’t forget to pack swimwear if you’re planning to visit a beach or pool.
- Umbrella or raincoat: Always be prepared for rain by packing an umbrella or raincoat.
- Medications: If anyone in the family takes medication, be sure to pack enough for the entire vacation.
Oh, and also – passports, tickets, passes, and IDs. Oh and the special stuffy.
We’re gonna need a bigger car.