The Perfect Christmas Gift List
*This blog contains a few affiliate links, some brands I love, and some I’ve previously worked with and thought were awesome.
I asked on Twitter, ‘If you could get anything for Christmas, what would it be?’ And to those who responded, here are your gifts (kinda).
“World Peace, please”
Tricky to put in a stocking hanging from the mantle, but the next best thing is this pair of noise-cancelling headphones from Wyze Labs. At just $59.99 USD, these give the best bang for your buck.
- Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation – 40dB of noise reduction to put the outside world on mute.
- Transparency Mode – let the outside world in and amplifies your surroundings.
- Quick Conversation Mode – Have a quick chat without removing your headphones.
- Dual Bluetooth Device Connection – Connect to your devices, wirelessly with Bluetooth 5.0.
- Auto Pause – pause your content for you, automatically. When you put them back on, the content turns back on, too.
- Touch Controls – Your headphones come with built-in touch controls so you can manage what you’re listening to without looking at your phone. Tap twice for Alexa, and cover to enter Transparency Mode.
- 20-Hour Battery Life
- Quick charge: 10 minutes = 4 hours.
- Alexa Built-in: Ask Alexa for the weather, to play music, and virtually anything else with a double-tap of your right earcup, no Echo speaker required. You don’t even have to say “Alexa!”
“A self-cleaning house”
We can dream, right? But in the meantime, this automated vacuum cleaner from Narwhal is basically the same thing.
“A personal chef would be nice”
Never gonna happen. However, the Thermomix TM6 is even better. Seriously, I have one and it’s so great to use and really is the all-in-one appliance for the kitchen. I use it to make cakes, soup, stew, even fruit ice cream! I could easily fill a whole blog with the cool stuff it can do. But I won’t, so just go to the Thermomix website and see for yourself.
Want to see what Thermomix can really do? Book a Demo thermomix.ca/experience-online
Oh, by the way. I’m GIVING AWAY A THERMOMIX TM6. Keep reading to find out how to enter.
To have awesome Dad (or Mom) -Style
Classic, timeless style is buying a few pieces that can be mixed and matched. Avoid fast fashion which are made in the fastest possible way and to heck with the workmanship, creator conditions, and the environmental cost. Buy pieces that will last for a longer time and get better with age.
The Stone Rose customer wants to feel comfortable in exploring self-expression. their unique, custom-designed prints provide brand distinction and exclusivity. Every season they craft a combination of curated prints that are both on-trend and forward-thinking, bookended by sophistication and fun.
The smallest details leave the biggest impression. They take pride in our attention to detail. Theirs are practical because they are intentional; from contrast stitch and interior taping to hidden under-collar buttons and gussets, our garment design always starts with context.
Red Wing Shoes and Boots are iconic brands that are all rooted in the same, powerful belief that what they do at Red Wing Shoe Company makes a lasting difference in people’s lives. While their assortment and expertise have grown since their founding in 1905, our legacy of quality will never change.
Fresh New Books (and a few classics)
Now, this is a bit more like it. For all the Amazon links, check out the full list of awesome books gift list right here.
All the Snacks
I’ll do you one better – the perfect on-the-go nutrition-dense, one-way trip to Flavour Town. The Rumble Milkshakes were born out of necessity. The need to have optimal nutrition and the struggle to find a tasty, nourishing drink, powered by natural goodness launched Rumble. The belief that sparked our quest to create the world’s healthiest – and tastiest – naturally awesome supershake, thoughtfully made and loaded with natural goodness to fuel life on the go.
A Little extra sparkle in my life
This one was a bit vague, so how about a drink fizzer? Drinkmate is the ONLY carbonation beverage maker that allows you to carbonate ANY BEVERAGE quickly and easily. You can directly add tasty fizz to water, juices, iced tea, and much more. What will you sparkle next?
- Comes with 60 Liter CO2 carbonator so you can start carbonating right away.
- Also includes the Drinkmate machine, 1 BPA-free 1 Liter reusable carbonating bottle, and Fizz Infuser
- Elegantly styled in a small footprint that saves counter space: measures 28 L x 13 W x 43 H cm
- Easy to operate, easy to clean – no electricity or batteries required
- 2 year manufacturer warranty
- Available in 4 decorative finishes to match your décor.
A Really Big TV
When you’re shopping for a new TV, compare them in-store. Look for the brightest and most crisp picture. You’d be surprised at how many ‘4k’ TVs look really, really bad. I have an LG one and it was by far the best one of the ones on display.
I strategically published this article before Black Friday and Cyber Monday. We all know that this is the best time of year to buy something for your gift list (or for yourself).
Pro-Tip: If there’s something you really want and are worried it will sell out, or just don’t want to line up, check the return policy on what you’re buying. Look for ‘Price Adjustment’. On some items and some stores, you can buy something before it goes on sale and if the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale brings the original price down, they’ll give you the difference back.
Here are a few of my favourite sites with the BEST BLACK FRIDAY DEALS:
- Amazon (obviously).
- Best Buy – get your big TV. You’ve earned it.
- Lululemon – word on the street is that they’re gonna have something special
- Sport Chek – This Daddy needs a new pair of skis and I’m heading right there on Black Friday!
- Mark’s – Gear up, it’s going to be a loooong winter.
- Bed, Bath, and Beyond – Time to upgrade your bed sheets, bathroom, and… your beyond?
- Lush – Amazing handmade soaps, bath smellies, and gift boxes. Perfect for giving to your stinky friends (and people who love some pampering.
Ok, ok – here’s the Thermomix GIVEAWAY! – OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY
To Enter via the widget below, you MUST:
- Follow @jamesrcs on Instagram
- Follow @thermomixcanada on Instagram
- Follow @socialdad on Pinterest
- Follow @thermomixcanada on Pinterest
ENTRIES MUST BE CANADIAN RESIDENTS (not inc. Quebec), FOLLOW BOTH @JAMESRCS AND @THERMOMIXCANADA INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS.Thermomix TM6 Giveaway