Two Quick and Easy Recipes – Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Macaroons and The Fluffiest Pancakes, Ever
As you can imagine, I love really easy recipes, especially ones that taste amazing. I have been making these for a while and thought it only fair that I’d share the best chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons ever, plus the secret to fluffy pancakes. With the help of Burnbrae Farms egg innovation products, I was able to save time in the kitchen so that me and my family could make the most of the beautiful summer weather! Enjoy!
CHOCOLATE-DIPPED MACAROON RECIPE
The easiest (and most delicious) macaroons you’ll ever eat.
- Servings: 26 macaroons
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 1 14-oz bag sweetened flaked coconut,
- 7/8 cup sweetened condensed milk (7/8 cup = 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons Burnbrae Farms Naturegg Simply Egg Whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Set two oven racks near the center of the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a ‘Silplat’ baking sheet
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the 4 tablespoons Burnbrae Farms Naturegg Simply Egg Whites and salt until stiff peaks form.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop or two spoons, form heaping tablespoons of the mixture into mounds on the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, rotating the pans from top to bottom and front to back, until the tops and edges are golden. Let cool on the pans for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl at medium power, stopping and stirring at 30 second intervals, until just smooth. (make sure there’s no water in the bowl, or the chocolate will split)
- Lick the spoon.
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons in the chocolate, letting any excess drip back into the bowl, and return to the lined baking sheets.
- Place the macaroons in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to set. The cookies keep well in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.
EASY FLUFFY PANCAKE RECIPE
- Servings: 8 pancakes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup Burnbrae EGG Creations!
- ¼ cup Burnbrae Naturegg Simply Egg Whites
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, EGG Creations! and melted butter; mix until smooth.
- Whisk the Naturegg Simply Egg Whites to semi-stiff peaks and gently fold into the pancake batter.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by the lovely people at Burnbrae Farms.
Leave a Reply