How to Make a DIY Mud Kitchen from Wooden Pallets
A Mud Kitchen is a play kitchen (like the Ikea ones) for outside, usually containing an area for sand and/or water for hours (hopefully) of tactile play.
- 2 Wooden pallets (free)
- Tools (drill/screwdriver, saw, pencil)
- Paint/Latex primer
Here are the step-by-step easy instructions:
1. Find two standard-size pine wooden pallets. The better the condition, the better!
2. Cut one of the pallets along the horizontal strut.
3. Use wood glue and screws/nails to attach the two halves at a 90 degree angle and then attach to the full pallet back piece.
4. Sand everything!
5. Find a plastic tub and cut a hole to let the tabs on the plastic container rest on the wood. (Measure twice, cut once!)
6. Cut the hole and keep the pieces for shelving.
7. Cut the middle two planks, leaving the supporting, thicker frame legs for stability. Add the shelve(s) and add a name plate (paint later).
8. Paint! Use a primer that also has a sealant in it.
9. Add plants, decorations, and mud or sand toys.
That’s it! Thanks.
Pin these, please!