DIY Living Room Carnival: 7 Fun Activities
Anyone else bored out of their minds? How about your kids? If they’re climbing the walls like my daughter, this is a great way to spend an afternoon. You can stretch it out even longer by getting them to help build the games and bake the snacks.
- Knock the Cans – make a pyramid from empty drink cans and add point totals to each layer.
2. Bobbing for Apples – a bunch of apples in a mixing bowl filled with water.
3. Fishing for Stuffies – Tie a string or pipe cleaner around the stuffed toys and make a fishing pole from a bungee cord and stick (or magic wand).
4. Throw at the Clown – Use a giant cardboard box, draw a huge clown’s face, and cut his mouth out. Throw balls through the hole to win.
5. Guess the Jellybeans (also works with healthier snacks – but less exciting)
6. Ring Toss – tape some skittle toys, stuffies, or upright toilet rolls to a box and try and get the ring over the top. For the ring we used an old masking tape centre.
7. Pop The Balloons – This is fun, loud, and quickly becomes a headache-inducing chore if you’re the one who has to keep blowing up and replacing the balloons. Kids love it though.
Oh, and don’t forget the refreshments and prizes! The things she can win are also for her home-schooling, like plastic mats with how to write letters and numbers, and alphabet phonetics. Whatever it takes to get her enthusiastic about learning something.