Trying the new Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
After reading information from Transport Canada that says children are safest when using a rear-facing car seat, I wanted to upgrade my daughter’s seat to the Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat, which will allow to ride safely rear-facing for longer, until she’s 50 lbs and within the height limit. Following that, the seat can be turned around and used until she’s 65 lbs.
I’m being especially cautious these days as the winter weather is coming and last year the roads turned to sheer ice. Even my snow tires were no match for the snow that turned to ice, then got snowed on, melted a little and turned to thicker ice. There were cars slipping all over the place and I even started to wear my padded snowboarding shorts to save my bum from the many ungraceful landings.
First off, this car seat looks really nice. It looks super comfortable and her neck is clearly supported and can be adjusted as she grows (thanks to the 10-position headrest).
The challenge with most car seats is how hard they are to install. They all say that they’re simple but require reading and re-reading of the instructions. This is usually followed by taking the car seat out and putting it back in, multiple times. If you ever have to transfer it to another car then you just know it’s going to be a huge hassle and probably isn’t worth it.
I know this post is sponsored by the lovely people at Graco, but it genuinely is simple to install. I simply don’t talk about products I don’t think are awesome and I’m really impressed with the Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat.
There’s also two cup-holders, which is useful for putting her snack cup, water bottle, or in a few months she’ll be having double-shot lattes with extra whip, or milk. We’ll have to see what her Mum says.
Right now she’s less than 30 lbs so will be rear-facing for a while longer, although she seems to be growing too fast. Can she stay this cute forever?
Here are the technical specs for the seat:
- Simply Safe Adjust™ Harness System is safe & simple
- Engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed US Standard FMVSS 213
- Rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed U.S. safety standards
- In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the Extend2Fit™ convertible car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5-point harness system
- Fuss Free Harness Storage to get baby in and out easily
- Steel reinforced frame provides strength and durability
- InRight™ LATCH system for an easy, one-second LATCH attachment
- Easy-to-read level indicator for hassle-free installation
- Integrated, dual cup holders help keep your child’s drink close
- Seat pad is comfortable and machine-washable
Disclaimer: As I mentioned, this post was sponsored by Graco. We now use the the Extend2Fit seat and are loving it.