The Live Green For a Week Challenge for #EarthMonth
This week I’ve been invited to take part in the Ford Live Green For a Week program with Ford Canada.
In aid of Earth Month, I’ve been challenged to take my sustainability and eco-friendliness to a new level. These include:
- Use a travel mug for my coffee
- Go paperless at the office. Use digital only
- Switch all light bulbs to energy-saving LED light bulbs
- Recycle and compost
- Shut down your electronics at work and home
- Use a reusable water bottle
- Carpool with a co-worker in a Ford Electric vehicle, (like the beautiful Ford Fusion Energi that they kindly lent me for a week)
So, why are Ford talking about being good for the planet? Cars are bad, right? Not always.
- They’re investing $4.5 billion in electrified vehicle solutions and are going to add 13 new EVs by 2020.
- Ford was named in the World’s Most Ethical Company by the Ethisphere institute.
- They earned an ‘A’ grade for their water conservation efforts
- Ford of Canada was named one of Canada’s Greenest Employers.
I’ve been driving around my colleagues in the Fusion Energi for a couple of days now and they’re all pretty impressed. There’s plenty of room in the back seats and when the electric kicks in, it’s whisper quiet. I realize this sounds like a sales pitch, but I’ve been a Ford user for a few years now and drive a 2015 Focus SE and love it. The Fusion is larger and it feels really solid and well made.
Here’s how I’ve done so far. What are you doing for Earth Month?