Let Your Child Learn to Cook, Build Life Skills, and Find Independence at the Little Kitchen Academy
Last week I went on a tour of the North Vancouver location of the Little Kitchen Academy and was amazed at the facility, the staff, the resources, and the opportunities provided.
KEEP READING FOR YOUR DISCOUNT CODE (discount code is VALID AT LITTLE KITCHEN ACADEMY – EDGEMONT VILLAGE, NORTH VANCOUVER ONLY.)
They have a food philosophy that supports local farming and good quality ingredients, teaching their young chefs the value of quality in what they eat and cook with:
Organic — Food produced without using man-made inhibitors or enhancers. non-GMO food that has not been modified or changed using scientific methods.
Seasonal — Food that is available to the consumer as soon as it is harvested. Little Kitchen Academy aims for our students to know the season by what is cooking in the kitchen. Mother Nature provides from the ground what our bodies are needing at specific times of the year. Their recipes will support the phrase ‘what grows together, goes together’.
Local — Using locally grown products not only supports our surrounding communities but leaves less of a carbon footprint. Once produce is harvested it begins to lose nutrients, and the longer it takes to get to you the more possibilities of contamination or improper food handling materialize.
The Little Kitchen Academy has almost sold out the Spring Break camps, but there are always courses running throughout the year, and the Summer Break camps have just been released. The Summer Camps begin on June 19th.
At booking for the Edgemont Village, North Vancouver location – please select SocialDad from the drop-down menu for the question “How did you hear about LKA?”. As a bonus, please enter code SocialDad50 at check-out for a $50 discount applicable to any session or camp booking of 3 classes or more (not valid for drop-in classes).
The LKA summer sessions offer children a unique, engaging summer activity, getting them away from their screens, and into the kitchen to learn practical life skills and food literacy. Even better, their Montessori-based sensorial environment embraces each child’s own ways of learning.
There are several hugely important reasons why children should learn to cook:
- Developing life skills: Cooking is an essential life skill that everyone should possess. It helps children become self-sufficient and prepares them for adulthood.
- Healthy eating habits: When children learn to cook, they become more aware of what they eat. They learn about nutrition and the importance of a healthy diet, which can help prevent health problems later in life.
- Creativity and expression: Cooking is a form of creative expression that allows children to experiment with different ingredients, flavours, and techniques. It can also be a fun and rewarding activity that allows them to showcase their creativity.
- Bonding and socializing: Cooking can be a great way for families to spend time together and bond. It can also be a fun way for children to socialize with their peers and share their creations.
- Independence and confidence: Learning to cook can help children become more independent and confident. As they master new skills and recipes, they gain a sense of accomplishment and pride in their abilities.
The location I visited, LKA Edgemont Village will be offering 11 weeks of WEEKDAY CAMPS this summer, in addition to their weekend camps.
At booking, please select SocialDad from the drop-down menu for the question “How did you hear about LKA?”. As a bonus, please enter code SocialDad50 at check-out for a $50 discount applicable to any session or camp booking of 3 classes or more (not valid for drop-in classes). Discount code is VALID AT LITTLE KITCHEN ACADEMY – EDGEMONT VILLAGE, NORTH VANCOUVER ONLY.
Little Kitchen Academy is the first-of-its-kind Montessori-inspired cooking academy for kids aged 3-18 providing a safe & empowering environment to learn practical life skills, confidence, independence, and healthy eating habits to last a lifetime. With only 10 students per class, spots fill up quickly. Join our email list to gain early access to upcoming classes before they are available to the public.
Winter, Spring & Summer registration is ongoing! Click here to Register.
Traditional camps run as follows:
Monday to Friday
9:00a-12:00p / 3-5yo
12:30p-3:30p / 6-8yo
4:00p-7:00p / 9-12yo
*** EXCEPTIONS ***
Camp A: June 19-23
Camp F: July 24-28
Camp K: Aug 28-Sept 1
12:30p-3:30p / 9-12yo
4:00p-7:00p / 6-8yo
For more information, visit littlekitchenacademy.com
Leave a Reply