6 Tips for an easier family road trip
Planning a Family Road Trip: Tips for a “Stress-Free” Vacation.
Ok, well it definitely won’t be stress-free, but at least you might be a bit more prepared.
Are you planning a family road trip? If so, you’re in for an exciting adventure! Road trips are a great way to explore new places and create lasting memories with your loved ones. But they can also be stressful if you don’t plan ahead. To ensure your family road trip is as stress-free as possible, here are some tips to help you get started.
I should have actually started with – breathe. Go in knowing that the stages of your trip will be super stressful. Take distractions, treats, bribes, and rewards. Plan for breaking up the journey with parks, places to go to the bathroom and stretch your legs. Also, give up on making amazing time, the aim of all driver-Dads. It’s not gonna happen with these passengers. Sorry.
- Choose Your Destination: The first step in planning a family road trip is deciding where you want to go. Consider the interests of everyone in the family and pick a destination that will appeal to everyone. You may also want to consider the distance and time it will take to get there, as well as any potential stops along the way.
- Map Out Your Route: Once you’ve chosen your destination, it’s time to map out your route. Look up directions online or use an app like Google Maps or Waze to help you find the best route for your trip. Make sure to factor in any potential traffic delays or detours that could affect your travel time.
- Pack Smart: Packing for a road trip can be tricky, especially if you’re travelling with kids! Make sure everyone has enough clothes and other essentials for the duration of the trip, but try not to overpack either – this will make it easier to fit everything into the car without having to leave anything behind. Also, don’t forget important items like sunscreen and bug spray!
- Plan Activities: A long car ride can be boring for kids (and adults!), so make sure you plan some activities along the way. Bring books, movies, music, games, and other entertainment options that everyone can enjoy during the drive. You may also want to plan some stops at interesting attractions or restaurants along the way – this will give everyone something fun to look forward to during the drive!
- Prepare Your Vehicle: Before hitting the road, make sure your vehicle is in good condition and ready for a long drive. Check all fluid levels (oil, coolant, etc.), inspect tires for wear and tear, and make sure all lights are working properly – these simple steps can help prevent any unexpected breakdowns during your trip! I always make an appointment at my local Fountain Tire to get everything checked over before we leave.
- Stay Safe: Safety should always be a top priority when travelling with children – make sure everyone is buckled up at all times and follow all speed limits on highways and roads throughout your journey. Also, keep an eye out for wildlife crossing signs – these indicate areas where animals may cross roads unexpectedly so it’s important to stay alert while driving through these areas! Planning a family road trip doesn’t have to be stressful – just follow these tips and you’ll be ready for an exciting adventure with your loved ones! With proper planning and preparation, you can ensure that everyone has an enjoyable experience while creating lasting memories along the way!