Family Favourite – White Spot Celebrates BC with New Menu Items
Our local White Spot is one of our favourite places to eat. In fact, it’s a restaurant chain with a lot of history – including with my wife’s wonderful great aunt who used to deliver food to the cars on rollerskates back in the 1940s-60s at the original White Spot on Granville St., Vancouver.
Fast forward to 2022 and The White Spot is as popular as ever, serving guests the favourites they’ve been eating for generations and plenty of delicious new creations.
This summer, their menu is jam-packed with local goodness like a BC Brie & Bacon BBQ Chicken Burger, made with fresh BC chicken breast, or their famous fresh BC Blueberry Pie.
Here’s a longer list of White Spot’s local ingredients, to name just a few:
• 100% Fresh Canadian beef on White Spot burgers;
• Fresh B.C. chicken breast for burgers, salads and pasta;
• Locally baked artisan-style buns made with real ingredients: eggs, butter, milk, locally milled wheat;
• Naturally smoked Canadian bacon on burgers and Canadian back bacon at breakfast;
• Coleslaw made with local cabbage;
• Enough local Kennebec potatoes for fries to fill 1.6 Olympic-size swimming pools!
• Enough locally grown zucchini for zoo sticks to stretch longer than 27,000 football fields;
• B.C. dairy for hand-scooped milkshakes, milk, butter and more. Per year, White Spot serves enough local ice cream to fill more than 10,000 kiddie pools;
• Canadian cheese including aged Cheddar;
• Tomatoes ripened on the vine in B.C. The total weight of tomatoes purchased by White Spot is equal to five times the weight of the largest hockey stick in the world (located in Duncan, B.C.).
• If you laid out all the B.C. mushrooms purchased by White Spot, they would stretch longer than 17 times around Stanley Park;
• B.C.-grown cucumbers, enough to stretch longer than 38 back-to-back Kitsilano pools;
• 100% B.C. VQA Wine and local craft beer on the beverage menu;
• Ocean Wise Steelhead sustainably raised and caught from the deep, cold, clean waters of Lois Lake, B.C.;
• Fresh B.C. Blueberries are sourced through Silver Valley Farms in Maple Ridge and grown throughout the Fraser Valley. B.C. is one of the top blueberry-producing regions in the world; per year, White Spot serves blueberries equivalent to the weight of 279 hungry female black bears;
• Golden Ears Cheesecrafters Brie, Maple Ridge, B.C.;
• Locally grown butter lettuce.
The Celebrate BC menu showcasing local B.C.-grown ingredients is available at all White Spot Restaurant locations across British Columbia until September 4.
NEW ADVENTURES IN EVERY PIRATE PAK!
This Summer, there’s extra treasure aboard your Pirate Pak. Look for a free child’s admission (with the purchase of an adult ticket) to the most popular family attractions around*. There are new coupons every two weeks – collect them all! *WHILE QUANTITIES LAST. Valid only at Lower Mainland & Vancouver Island locations. Offers may vary by partner. Admission passes are valid only when accompanied by a paying adult. Pirate Paks are available for children up to 10 years of age.