What Dads Really Want This Father’s Day
A kayak and a Jeep.
Disclaimer – these are some wide generalizations and a little satirical. I’m incredibly lucky to have a supportive partner who just handed me some avocado toast for the breakfast I forgot to make.
- A shelf in the bathroom with products that aren’t from the Christmas before you moved into the new house 4 years ago.
- A solid 2 hours, undisturbed in the bathroom. We’re busy, ok. Don’t come in.
- Fewer questions. Sometimes we just do things. For no reason.
- Quiet while we’re driving. It’s hard for us to concentrate sometimes.
- Ask us how we’re feeling and really listen, not just as a quick conversation starter.
Now that I’m thinking about it:
- Someone to clean the car. There are way too many sticky surfaces and fishy crackers in there.
- A haircut. I know I look like a mess. I’m just trying to cover up the thin parts.
- Some kind of burger holder that stops me from ending up with just bun and sauce and no burger.
- A few new Netflix shows would be cool. Weren’t we meant to be getting one new movie every week?
- Oh, I don’t know, some ice cream?
- A nap. A really long nap.
- To feel like we’re doing enough as a Father
- For our ‘fun facts’ and little lessons to be heard
- To share a passion or hobby with our children
- To feel valued and appreciated
- I really want that ice cream from before.
Happy Father’s Day (season)
Leave a Reply