It’s almost fall, which basically means that it’s PUMPKIN SPICE SEASON!
Every food and drink company want to cash in on the belief that if they make it, you’ll buy it because it’s Fall. Bikini season is over so we might as well start carb-loading until Boxing Day.
While the most famous Pumpkin Spice hot drink is from Starbucks, wouldn’t it be nice if you could make it in the comfort of your own home?
Good news! Here’s a super quick recipe to make your own, delicious PSL.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon sugar (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
For the top:
- Whipped cream
- Dash pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- In a saucepan, heat milk (don’t boil), pumpkin and sugar over medium heat until hot.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, the vanilla and coffee.
- Pour into 2 large mugs.
- Top with whipped cream, dash pumpkin pie spice and a cinnamon stick.
- Take a photo for Instagram
Bonus Alternative recipe:
- Add pumpkin puree to the milk while heating, strain through a sieve
- Add the spice, vanilla and coffee
Pin this, please: