My Kitchen Wingman – making my food go further
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of FoodSaver®. All opinions are 100% mine.
I throw away way too much food. Not intentionally of course, I it just goes bad too quickly and it either starts to smell funny, or even when it goes in the freezer, it gets frostbitten.
FoodSaver® sent me a Gamesaver ‘Wigman’ GM2150 vacuum sealer to try out. Straight away I used it to keep some chicken thighs that I was planning to cook tomorrow night, but I have to go out for a work event, so it was going to go past it’s best before date.
My favourite thing to do though, is for keeping fruit fresher for longer. I can chop up strawberries, vacuum seal them and put them in the freezer. Then they’re like little fruity ice cubes for cocktails on sunny days. My daughter also loves to nibble on the frozen fruit, so it keeps her busy without giving into sugary-popsicles.
Here’s the rundown. The vacuum sealer is perfect for keeping anything you’ve caught, hunted, or picked up at the store, fresh for up to five times longer than without.
- Vacuum-seal capability of up to 60 consecutive vacuum seals or up to 180 pounds of game
- New technology to reduce bag waste (compared to previous Gamesaver® models)
- Extra wide sealing strip applies heat for a secure, air-tight vacuum seal
- Easy lock latch closure secures bag for vacuuming sealing
- Convenient roll storage and built-in cutter bar allows for custom sized bags
- Patented removable drip tray – ONLY FoodSaver® Brand has it!
- Authentic Mossy Oak® Break-Up Infinity® Camo Pattern (also comes in silver!)
Simply, it works. It takes all the air out of the freezer bag and seals it so no germs or air can get in to ruin your meat, or veggies, or nuts, or anything else you want to store longer.
While I’m not a hunter, or even much of a farmer, I sure do go through a lot of meat and other food that goes bad too quickly, no matter how much I plan out our meal schedule. Now I can plan longer in advance and can make the food we buy go much further.
The Foodsaver Wingman is available at London Drugs or Canadian Tire.
Disclaimer: Thank you Foodsaver for sending me this to try. All opinions are honest and my own. Now I’m off to see what else I can vacuum seal.